Succulent Parma ham, tangy lemon juice and freshly baked baguette parisienne – watch our chef Chris in action and marvel at the care and detail that goes into creating this very special starter. If you’re anything like us, you’ll want to try this recipe out yourself straight away.
In the following video clip, Chris Schäper prepares his favourite dish and guides you through each step. The recipe can be found below.
Bruschetta e insalata di ricotta (makes four pieces)
- 4 slices baguette parisienne
- 1 cucumber
- ½ red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vinegar; 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- The grated rind and juice of half a lemon
- 1–2 pinches hibiscus flower salt
- 4–5 slices Parma ham
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fry the baguette slices in olive oil until crisp.
- Cut the cucumber into spaghetti-style strips using a julienne peeler and place in a bowl. Finely chop the onion and add to the cucumber with the cress. Mix all three ingredients together, season to taste and add a dash of vinegar and oil before setting aside.
- Mix the ricotta with the lemon rind and lemon juice and add the hibiscus flower salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Spread the ricotta-lemon mixture over the baguette slices. Top with the cucumber spaghetti and Parma ham and garnish with a basil leave.
Of course, those not brave enough to have a go at making the recipe themselves can always try the dish in the Camino restaurant. Just ask our service team for the bruschetta – you simply have to try it!
Enjoy your meal.