When you arrive at Nooba, you’re met with delicious scents before you can even open the door. Asian dishes can be spicy or mild, made with meat and seafood or vegetarian, but they all have one thing in common: they’re colourful!
Our chef Kungkar Dawa Chösam has created a recipe for you that is easy to make at home. Or maybe you’d prefer to try it here at Nooba? Either way, it’s a great reason to pick up a pair of chopsticks and dig in – we’re sure you’ll clean your plate in no time! But don’t just take our word for it. See for yourself:
Rezept Pad Gra Pao Nüa
- Prepare the rice in a rice cooker or a pan (approx. 30 minutes)
- 100 g fillet of beef cut into strips
- approx. 6 ears of baby corn
- approx. 6 slices of bamboo shoot
- ½ large, fresh, red chilli
- ½ medium onion
- approx. 10 g Thai string beans (Thai supermarket) or normal green beans
- approx. 10 g Thai basil (Thai supermarket)
- 1 small ladle fish sauce (Asian supermarket)
- 1 small ladle dark soy sauce (Asian supermarket)
- 1 small ladle oyster sauce (Asian supermarket)
- A pinch of sugar
- A little water
- approx. 10 ml sunflower oil
- ½ clove of garlic
- ½ small red chilli (Asian supermarket)
Preparing the sauce (approx. 10 minutes)
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Finely slice the small chilli.
- Mix the garlic and chilli with the fish sauce, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Preparing Pad Gra Pao Nüa (approx. 15 minutes)
- Finely slice the onion.
- Slice the red chilli.
- Drain the bamboo shoots and baby corn.
- Remove the stalk from the Thai basil.
- Wash the beans and cut them into two-centimetre pieces.
- Combine the ingredients.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok on a high heat.
- Add the beef and stir-fry until browned.
- Add the vegetables and continue stir-frying for around two minutes. Deglaze with the sauce and add the water.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Serve with the rice.
You can find the ingredients at larger supermarkets or in Asian speciality markets.
At Nooba, you can enjoy specially selected dishes that are created and prepared fresh daily together with a nutritionist and experts in Asian cuisine.
Did you know that Nooba is part of our Dine Around offer? You can find out more about the offer and the Dine Around partner restaurants here: https://www.signinahotel.com/en/gastronomy/dine-around.html
Back to Overview